Sunday, November 06, 2005

Good paint covers in one coat. HA!

Let me say this about painting. I hate it. There's no better way to say it. Painting to me is like a paper cut. It hurts a little but for the most part it's over fairly quickly. Unless of course you want to do something fancy, like rag-roll. THEN painting is more like a root canal. As performed prior to anestethics.

My Girl wanted to rag roll the front bedroom. "OK," I said, as usual not having a clue about what I'm getting myself into. "If we're going to do this thing, we're going to do it right." So we bought the right paint (expensive), the right roller (expensive), and I stocked up on a limited supply of "painting patience" (6 pack of beer). If I were a smart man, I would have bought My Girl some nice jewelry and let her do everything while I consumed my patience. I however, am not a smart man.

I don't know what I was thinking. I don't like to paint, I know this. I've heard that rag-rolling is more time consuming than regular painting, which I dislike to do anyway. WHY would I volunteer my paltry services to an endeavour that is only going to make me pout like a 3 yr old and make My Girl question her reasoning on marriage (again)?

BECAUSE I am not a smart man, that's why.

After getting very pouty over the struggle to rag roll evenly (AAAUUUGGGHHH) I was relieved of further painting duties by My Girl who actually was trying to enjoy herself. I find that remarkable. It makes me wonder if she enjoys paper cuts, or sticking needles in her eye.

I think from now on, if she wants to do anything more difficult then standard painting, I'll keep our marriage safe by stopping by ANY jewelry store (and a beer store) and let her enjoy her painting solitude accompanied only by the sparkle of fresh sparklies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

      
Marriage is love.